Salute my fellow programmer,
It is me again, with some update on my coding adventure. It took me a long time but I am now able to update my progress on my SPO600 lab 4.
This is my objective, that I copied from the Lab4 page:
+Build and test this file.
- Does it produce the same output each time?
+Test the performance of this program.
- How long does it take to run the scaling?
- How much time is spent scaling the sound samples? Be sure to eliminate the time taken for the non-scaling part of the program (e.g., random sample generation).
- Do multiple runs take the same time? How much variation do you observe? What is the likely cause of this variation?
- Is there any difference in the results produced by the various algorithms? How much does numeric accuracy matter in this application?
So first of all, I extract the whole file, just as I should
Then I started running the test to see the run time for it.
I realize it gave the same result 94. After I Pre-calculate a lookup table (array) of all possible sample values multiplied by the volume factor, and look up each sample in that table to get the scaled values. This is what I got.
And here, I convert the volume factor 0.75 to a fix-point integer by multiplying by a binary number representing a fixed-point value “1”.
Overall, this lab gave me a chance to practice with alternative methods for my coding experience, I will update more with my lab 5 progress. Thanks for reading.